Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hay in the barn?

That's what Todd said...that "the hay is in the barn" and that I shouldn't be worried. Yet, I still do. I worry that I didn't put enough hay in there...that I didn't train hard enough. Argh!

Focusing on the positive tells me this: I swam 55 mins this morning and felt like I could've kept going. My arms were tired but not that bad. This is a good sign.

I ran an hour yesterday and felt like I could've run longer. This is a good sign.

Then why do I not feel more confident???

One more week...I'm very excited and looking forward to it. Just hope I can finish with a decent time is all I want.

I think I'm a bit down because I spent the entire day in front of this darn computer. Had a ton of school work to do. Graded exams, prepared Monday's lecture, worked on Tuesday's exam, and need to grade a discussion board on Blackboard too. Ugh.

My kids are orphans right now. They have heard me say "no, I can't play right now" too many times and its been more because of school work than IM training (although there's obvious overlap there!).

I know tapering is the right thing to do, yet I feel like I didn't work hard enough to warrant a taper...so will just maintain until next Saturday so that I don't overdo.

My hip is a bit better but I better not run, will only ride tomorrow and swim easy on Tuesday - decided not to do Master's on Monday. Just maintain...and then Weds we leave! I think I'll be more excited when i get there.

Back to grading...

No comments: