Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hardest workout so far

Today was the last long ride and run (5.5 hr brick) and it was by far, the hardest one I've done. I rode 4 hrs with Todd and Sarah (Kurt joined us for part of it) and we kept a brisk pace the whole way. We stopped a few times but other than that, it was a fast, steady pace (fast for me but not for Todd!).

I was very anxious about the run, worried that I would be too tired or hungry or both. But I was pleasantly surprised - I felt great! The first 30 mins was a breeze and the next 30 mins was slower, but not bad at all. I felt really good. The last 15 mins was excruciating but I'm very happy with how well I ran. If I feel like that on the day of the IM, then I'll do fine!

Overall: 4 hrs of fast riding and 1.5 hrs of running. Even though I can hardly move right now, I'm really happy with how it went.

The weather was near perfect today. It was sunny, clear, and no wind. The temp was pretty chilly in the beginning (around 35 degrees) and my feet were cold, but I felt so good and was enjoying the ride so much that I didn't even notice.

One thing I love about cycling is seeing the mountains. Today they were crystal clear and looked so majestic. We rode to Windsor, then Boyd Lake, and back to Greeley and had a great view the whole time. I just love living in Colorado!

No comments: