Sunday, October 18, 2009

Time off

I'm leaving for Denver this afternoon to attend the ADA meeting tomorrow. Tonight, I'll be going to the SCAN reception - my favorite part of the meeting. SCAN is a dietetic practice group for RD's like me who specialize in sports, cardiovascular, and wellness nutrition. I love this group!

I am so sore and tired today from yesterday (and the long swim on Friday) that I decided to not do any exercise today. I can hardly walk and I feel like I have another cold coming on. But I think it's ok. Yesterday's workout was comprable to the 5430 long course and I'll recover faster if I don't push it. And, I had so much classwork to do today that it didn't matter - spent 3 hrs on slides and lecture material today.

So, no Master's swim for me tomorrow AM. Instead, I'll run in Denver somewhere...I'm staying at a friend's condo and I'll just run from there. Plan to swim on Tues (easy) and again on Weds with Master's group. That should work out ok.

I must say that I am so glad I switched yesterday's workout with next week's workout, for two solid reasons: 1) it was hard enough that I will need 3 weeks to recover and 2) mentally it's AWESOME knowing it's all down hill from here! No more monster weekends with back-to-back workouts. No more 4-6 hr workouts. Only two short bricks (well, semi-short: 2 hr bike and 1 hr run) and the usual weekly stuff. I can handlt that.

Off to Denver!

No comments: