Sunday, August 2, 2009

Taper weekend

I'm signed up to do the Boulder 5430 long course next weekend (half-ironman, 70.3) so this weekend is supposed to be a "taper". Funny how riding 50 miles is now considered a taper ride!

But that's what I did yesterday: rode 50 with Lynne, Marshall, Kevin, Brenda, Todd, and a new person named Sonya (she rode part of it with us).

It was a great ride and I was pleasantly suprised to see that I was not tired for most of the way. Got really hungry the last 2 miles and slowed down but my legs felt fine. I knew I had a 10 mile run the next day so didn't push it.

Today, hope to run 10 but had to bag a run with my friends. A big group of my friends are running at 8:00 at Jenny's house and I had planned to do that but decided to go to church with Kurt and the kids and run earlier instead. We were asked to be the ushers at church and I just felt that I needed to be there. Plus, I kinda miss going to church so made a last minute change.

Had a great swim in a cold, mountain lake last week! Swam in Crawford State Park's lake for the fun of it....kinda crazy...just put on my wetsuit (actually, Kurt's suit) and swam out into the middle of the lake. Felt pretty good! But they allow boating on that lake so didn't want to go too far as there were people out there.

Ran last Weds from Crawford State Park too...had a great run but had to cut it short due to time constraints. No riding this week - ugh!

No comments: