Monday, August 17, 2009

Sticking to the plan


Kurt and I swam at the Windsor Lake today (this is him taking off!). He had the day off so we decided to swim even thought the GB plan calls for swimming tomorrow. I think that's how it will go....mix up the weekdays but keep the weekend plan intact (maybe switch Sat and Sun but keep the distances the same as what the plan calls for).

If this doesn't make any sense, it's because I am feeling a little sick....tired, achey, sore throat - just dandy! Will try to "will it away".

Back to the swim. We had planned to swim the perimeter, which is supposed to be 1.2 miles. I swam it until we went around the island - on the north side - my arms were hurting so much that I decided that I needed to cut it short. Besides, swimming "just" a mile is still good for a Monday AM swim. I headed back and glad I did...not feeling great and my shoulders were killing me. But I'm very glad I got the swim in today!

The plan for the week: run Tues/Thurs/Sat and bike Weds/Sun and swim again Weds/Fri. Just hope I can kick this cold that is coming on...

No comments: