Thursday, August 13, 2009

So far, so good

Last Sunday was not only the 5430 long course (see below) but also the first day of a 13-week IM training plan that I'm going to follow. It's Gale Bernhardt's 13-week, sub 13-hour IM training plan that Marshall told me about. So, this is the first week of that plan (and I couldn't even walk for the first two days!).

So technically I started it yesterday since I took Monday and Tuesday off, which btw, was a good decision because I felt great on Weds morning. Anyway, Weds AM I ran for almost an hour and then swam 40 mins at Centennial Pool later that day at 5:00 PM. Centennial closed yesterday and I wanted one last outdoor swim!

The plan called for an hour of swimming but I had a dinner date with a friend of mine at 6:00 so I had to cut it short. But oh my gosh was it nice! I was the only one there for awhile and then two other swimmers came. It was nice having the pool basically to myself and just swimming on my own.

Then today, I had to pick the kids up at 3:30 so I decided to drive my bike to their school, park and ride from there. It worked out well! I had to scramble to get things done to get out there but it worked fine. I got in 90 mins of steady non-stop riding; rode from Monfort to Windsor and back (taking a few detours due to road work on the way out there). It was hot and sorta boring but I knew I had to get it done and I did.

Tomorrow I hope to swim (possibly at 6:00 AM) and then run long on Saturday and bike long on Sunday.

I have a lot of UNC work to get done (so much that it seems overwhelming at times) but if I just take it one day at a time, I should be ok.

Rock on!

No comments: