Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday swim

Had a really good open water swim today. Our group meets out at one of the Windsor lakes in Water Valley every Monday at 4:30. Like running, I've had good and bad days swimming in the lake, but it's always hard - its never been easy. Well, today it actually felt pretty easy!

I swam around the island, making a wide circle to increase the distance, and back to the gazebo. Then changed wetsuits (trying different ones to see which one I want to wear in Boulder this weekend since my zipper broke) and swam back out to the island again. Felt great!

Yesterday I got in 75 mins of running but it was very slow and i stopped to pee 4-5 times. But given the fact that I ran alone instead of with the group at Jenny's, that's pretty good.

I really missed not running with the group but I really wanted to go to church with Kurt and the kids. I miss church if I haven't gone in awhile and we were supposed to be ushers and greeters as a family. So, at the last minute (Saturday night), I changed my mind and decided to go to church.

Marshall is in the process of finding good flights to Florida. I get a "jolt" every time we talk about it...because it makes it real! I have a lot more training to do but I think I'm in a good position so far. Marshall has done more longer runs than me in the last fwe months and is much faster on the bike and in the water than me, but I'm still doing some decent distances (I think) and can increase from here.

But these next few months will be tough, logistically. I'm way more worried about missing workouts due to my schedule than I am about being capable of doing them. I know I can do it - I just hope that I won't miss too many workouts due to work, kids, family, or house stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We missed you too.

It sounds like your training is going really well, I'm super glad to hear that about the water.

I wouldn't compare myself to Marshall - he's looking very strong these days and was the first to finish in the last segment of our track workout last Wednesday.

Keep it up.

5-6 times peeing? What the hell are you drinking? And how much? Maybe you have prostate issues.

Cindy Dallow, PhD, RD said...

Thanks, I feel fairly good about the training but still worry a little...the big stuff is yet to come and I'm already tired all the time (remember, I'm 10 yrs older than you!). Then again, I rode 50 miles easily and that is pretty good.

Its hard NOT to compare myself to Marshall. But he trains when I'm spending time with my kids. i will say that it's harder to train with kids who still want to play with you (versus his kids who are teenagers) but I knew that when I signed up.

Re the peeing, I've always been that way! Seriously! Its one reason I run by myself a lot. It's weird, I know.

Glad you commented, I hadn't heard from you in awhile!