Friday, August 21, 2009

OMG

I just plotted out the training schedule on my new fancy-schmancy Dayrunner calendar. I knew that there were a lot of long runs and rides in Sept and Oct but I had not looked at how long they were....don't ask me why I hadn't looked....but I hadn't. Now I know. And now I'm feeling sick.

For instance:
Sept. 19/20: 2:45 hr run on Sat and 5 hr bike on Sunday
Sept. 26/27: 3 hr bike and a 2 hr run on Sat and 1 hr bike on Sunday

and the biggest weekend is
Oct 10/11: 3:15 hr run on Sat and 6 hr bike on Sun!!!

These are just a few examples....every weekend calls for big miles. I am excited to do the training yet worried about whether my body will hold up. I wonder if you can train for an IM by ONLY doing the weekend workouts and recovering during the week! Ha!

Off to get kids up and over to UNC...

No comments: