Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cool ride!


Indeed it was a cool ride! We had a cold front move in last night and it was chilly enough this morning to wear sleeves and a jacket. By the time we took this picture, it had warmed up nicely but it never got hot. Loved it!
So, we rode 45 miles in 3 hrs. I was pretty sore from yesterday (and doing a half-IM last Sunday!) so I didn't have a lot of "umph" today but was able to keep up with Lynne and Marshall better than before, so I think that's a good sign. We stopped a few times and slowed down in parts of the ride so on a better day, we could've rode further but this was good for today. I definitely couldn't have gone any faster or further.
Had my iron levels checked again....ferritin is up to 32 (from 17) so the iron supps are working! I've also been eating a little more red meat which also helps.
Tomorrow, Kurt and I plan to swim 1.2 miles in the Windsor lake...no rest for the weary!

No comments: