Saturday, January 2, 2010

Hurts So Good!


Ran with Lynne, Jenny, Brenda, Dan, and Kevin today and wow, I haven't felt like that in a long time!

We ran 8 miles but since I did a hard Spinerval workout yesterday, my legs were tired. But it was a good kind of tired; I hadn't hurt like that since the IM!

I love running with my friends on the weekends. During the week I run alone and I treasure that time that I have to myself. Its truly (as they say) better than therapy. But I also treasure the runs with my friends on the weekends.

And today, Daisy went along and did really well. She ran 6.5 miles before we dropped her at my house, before we went for another 1.5. She only laid down twice and seemed to keep up really well.

Now, two hours later, I am incredibly sore (more than I had expected) but its OK, I'm used to it. It also tells me that I've done a good job of de-training because if I'm this sore after only 8 miles, then I have REALLY taken it easy these last two months.

Mentally, I feel fresh and ready to go. I'm really ready to get serious about training and get in the best shape ever. I turn 49 this year so its a great way to end my 40's!

No comments: