Friday, January 22, 2010

Funny Friday

Well, today was downright funny. I had planned on doing a Spinerval tape this morning but I had a lot of work to do (for the class I teach at Univ of Northern CO) so decided to get my work done first, then hop on the trainer. And I did....and that's good...but it was almost lunchtime so I got hungry and stopped after 10 mins.

So, why is that funny? Well, I am a sports dietitian and you'd think I know better. But that's ok, I thought I'll just ride later but later never came and here I sit, drinking beer, and blogging away!  I'm laughing because a few months ago, before the Ironman, I would've FREAKED OUT that I hadn't done my precious little workout. But now, I'm so over it (as my daughter would say) and I'm LOVING the fact that I'm not officially "in training" yet. Woo hoo!

Plus, the older I get, the more I notice how 2 days off feels much better than 1 day off (I took yesterday off too - what a hoot!).  Hmmm....can I train for an Ironman with only 3 days of training each week?  OK, I'm dreaming...

So, I'll get back on the bandwagon tomorrow. I think there's a 10 mile group run scheduled and as soon as I finish savoring this lovely Blue Moon, I'll call someone to find out where and when we're running.

Aaaahhhhh, I'm lovin' not being on a training schedule yet!

No comments: