Friday, January 1, 2010

Bringing in the New Year

Today is January 1, 2010 - woo hoo!  The year for an IM PR!

Started it off right with a Spinerval workout with Sarah. Took my bike and trainer over to her house and we did one of Troy Jacobson's killer workouts. Felt great but I can tell I've lost some of my fitness. Oh well!

So this is the plan for now:

Swim:
Master's Swim - Mon/Weds
Endurance - Fri

Bike:
Spinervals - Weds
Long spin or ride outdoors when weather permits - Sun

Run:
Tempo run - Tues
Speedwork - Thurs
Long slow run - Sat

Weight Lifting and Core Strengthening
2 - 3 x/week, days will vary

Race plans (as of now):
Colorado Half-Marathon, mid-May
Community Classic Metric Century, mid-May
Windsor Triathlon, late-May
Bolder Boulder 10k, Memorial Day
Greeley Triathlon, mid-June
Lake 2 Lake Triathlon, late-June
Ironman Boulder 70.3, early August
Blue Sky Half-Marathon, early October

Arizona Ironman, November 21st, 2010!!!

I'm stoked about training for another Ironman!  Its a gift (I believe) to have the opportunity to do this again. The time, energy, and money it takes to do an Ironman are pretty incredible and I feel very lucky to be able to do it again.

So today is Day One of training for AZ and its going great so far!

No comments: