Thursday, January 7, 2010

Baby its cold outside!

Woke up to 13 below outside. I'm hardy but not that hardy. Grabbed my cycling shorts and hit the trainer with Troy Jacobson's Spinerval workout tape, #28. I had tried this one before but didn't have time to really check it out...did half the workout and really liked it!

Started with a 15 min easy spin warmup watching the news. Then, put the Spinerval tape in and the warmup which included three 30 second fast, all-out surges. Easy so far.

Then, it has you do 8 1-min reps at 80 rpms, with  30 second rest between each one, then 12 45-second reps at 90 rpm with 20 seconds rest between each one. I had to stop there because my kids really do need to go to school...

The next set (that I'll do next time) includes 16 30-second reps at some ungodly pace that I don't recall. No wonder they call Troy Jacobson a slavemaster!

I have to say that I felt great after doing only half of this workout. It wasn't that hard, which was surprising. I might be in better shape than I thought!  Or, I might be in denial (again).

I really need to lift weights...can't seem to get my lazy butt downstairs to do that but will try again today.

No comments: