Sunday, January 24, 2010

Better Day Today

Tomorrow we're having work done in our basement, which means I can't ride my trainer, so I rode today. The good news is that I wasn't sore at all today and managed to eek out 45 mins of hard spinning. Felt great, actually. Did one of my Spinerval tapes again - #28, Aero Builder - same one I mentioned here a few weeks ago. Only had time for two sets but was working pretty hard. Yay!

Will lift later today and swim tomorrow AM.

Last night was our annual triathlon club "Christmas" party (we always have our Christmas party in January). I had volunteered to make a video if someone would show me how. Kevin was kind enough to come over and get me started and I spent the last few days working on it. It came out pretty good, I thought, and was really fun to do. When we get it up on our site, I'll post a link here.

Had a fun time at the party. We have a great group of people in our club. No one is too serious about it and we all have jobs and lives that take precedence over triathlons. But we train hard and have a fun time together.

The cool thing is that Kevin, who knows how to weld, makes these really cool awards for people who do 1/2 Ironman distance and full Ironman distance. The 1/2 IM trophy is literally half of the Ironman logo, in steel. I'll post a picture later. The IM trophy is, of course, the full logo. I was a proud recipient of the full trophy last night!  I finally feel like I have arrived - now that i have that trophy!  Forget the IM finisher's medal, I now have an official, hand-made IM trophy made my Kevin Magee in Greeley, CO! 

3 comments:

WildWill said...

I quite like spinervals 28 myself ... may have to do a spinervals later myself

Cindy Dallow, PhD, RD said...

Yes, I like it too! I never seem to have enough time to do the whole thing. Need to plan ahead better!

I'll catch up on your blog too - when is IM Germany?

WildWill said...

July 4th