Monday, December 1, 2008

Greeley Guppies



Here's our fearless leader at the infamous Greeley Master's Swim Club (aka, Greeley Guppies), Mr. Richard Hess. He's our coach and quite an accomplished swimmer himself. I don't recall all of his accolades but I know he can swim very fast. He's also a really nice guy.

Made it to the pool this AM but since Kurt had the day off, we were a bit late (he didn't have to go to work afterwards so he was lolly-gagging). I swam a shorter workout and as usual, felt like I was flailing all over the place for the first half of the swim. Not until it was time for me to get out did I have that "oh, I get it" feeling.

But the cool thing was, I ran home from the pool. Kurt drove the car home with my bag and I just ran home, which is about 3 miles or so. Not a long run but it's mostly uphill and after a hard (!) swim, it felt like a tough workout. I even ran 4 sprints up the sledding hill at UNC (love that hill!). Went home, got Daisy, and ran a few more miles. Sure wish I could feel as confident in the pool as I do in my running shoes! Someday....

No comments: