Thursday, December 11, 2008

Night Running

On Weds night of this week, Kurt and I did something we haven't done in a long time (no, not that!)....we ran with the Weds night group at Bell's. We used to run with them all the time but now that the kids are in choir on Weds nights, I am at the church every Weds night (which is good, of course, but man I miss the running!).

Doug had a 7 mile loop planned out. But one of the people who showed up was a new guy who was also new to Greeley. Fortunately, he was running about my pace, which was a lot slower than the rest of the group (sniff, sniff...I used to run easily with the group) so we ran together the whole way, which was fun because we talked about a lot of cool stuff. But the rest of the group ran ahead and i wasn't sure of the route, so we ended up running 8 miles because I didn't know where to turn off at one point.

Long story to say that I'm sore as hell today! Why can I run 10 - 12 miles on the weekend with no problem but 8 miles in the middle of the week hurt like heck....someone please answer me!

No comments: