Thursday, December 18, 2008

Wimped out...

I had planned on running with the Weds night group last night at 5:30 PM because it was the annual "Christmas Lights" run (where they run by houses with cool lighting displays) but lost motivation as the day wore on...... I'm just not an evening runner. Love to run in the AM but it's like pulling teeth to get me out there in the evening. Plus, my kids had friends over and I didn't have the heart to rush them home so I could run. Felt bad for oh, 2 seconds then was actually quite happy!

Had a "fun run" today. My daughter couldn't find her glasses this AM before leaving for school and of course, I find them right away after she's gone. So, I just ran them to her school, about 3 miles from here. The teacher looked at me funny when I walked in the classroom...not sure why, I was wearing running clothes, Ipod blasting from my ears, sweat running down my face.....at least the kids liked my Santa hat!

Then I ran on to my mom's house to pick up her car, which we are borrowing while she's away for the holidays. I love it when you can combine errands with running! If only swimming were this easy....

No comments: