Sunday, December 7, 2008

Flexibility

That's the theme for this weekend - flexibility. My running plans changed a bazillion times (as my daughter would say). Too long to write here but suffice it to say that if I weren't flexible, I'd be in the loony bin now. I actually ran both days but the run on Saturday was unexpectedly cut short so I tried again on Sunday but didn't get out the door as quickly as I should have (kids, puppy, etc) and ended up only running for an hour, instead of my usual 1.5 hrs. Oh well.

But, we did get our Christmas tree and it's up and decorated. Looks great. Went to the Prairie Kids Festival at Centennial Village yesterday. The kids made real candles the old-fashioned way, watched a real blacksmith make horse shoes, and swung at a pinata. We went to a Christmas party Friday night and the Poinsetta Pops concert last night. Very busy weekend!

But now it's dusk and it's very, very quiet....celtic Christmas music on and my gorgeous puppy is sleeping by my side. I hear my kids laughing outside while the build a snowman. It just doesn't get any better than this.

I only swam once last week. Plan to swim three times this week. This blog is helping me stay accountable. If I write it here, I'm more likely to do it, even though I know no one is reading it.

No comments: