Monday, December 8, 2008

Gratitude

Gratitude is a good thing to have. It helps you realize that when the sh-- hits the fan, someone else's fan could be bigger than yours, if that make sense. It reminds you to be thankful for what you have and to not worry when you back your car into the garage door on your way to the pool....

Yep, that's what I did. On my way to the pool on this cold, dark morning, I hit the garage door opener on the wall as I walked to the van (thinking, of course, that the door was opening). But Kurt had left the door open when he left on foot for the pool at 5:30 AM (he was running to the pool this morning). So, the door was actually closing when I thought it was opening. I get in the van (and remember, it's VERY dark at the time), start the car, put it in reverse and BAM! I backed into the door. CRAP!!!

Fortunately, I had not given the car much gas and didn't dent the door too badly. The door opened but would not shut. We'll still need to get a new door probably.

When I saw Kurt at the pool, I said "we have so much to be thankful for, don't we???" It didn't work...he knew something was wrong. Great way to start the week, huh?

No comments: