Thursday, December 11, 2008

Spinervals

I HATE indoor cycling. I really hate it. But today the roads were slick and I had a strange urge to ride my bike so I got out my Troy Jacobson Spinerval 10.0 tape and did the whole thing for the first time.

This is one hard workout. It consists of 3 15-min "time trials" that build in intensity and until Tuesday, I was only able to do two of them. Today it was a slam-dunk: I did all 3 and felt pretty darn good.

I've never liked the cycling tapes that are long rides in the mountains or beautiful rides in the country....I just can't ride indoors that long. There's something that happens in my brain that says AAAAHHHH! Way too boring. But the hard-core, fast-paced tempo rides keep me going IF I have to ride indoors. If I have the luxury of riding outside, then of course, I want to ride in the mountains or down country roads...

No comments: