Saturday, November 29, 2008

Another fun group run...



My good friend, Julie Hansen (far left), was in town so she brought her two friends, Sheila and Tiffany from Ft. Collins, on our weekly group run today. Jenny and Marshal, my Greeley friends, who I run with most of the time, also came along. Paul, Jenny's neighbor, took the picture. Thanks, Paul!

It was cold but we had a great run - about 9 miles. We all run about the same pace so it worked out well. These group runs are something I look forward to each week as it's often the only time I see my friends! We run slow enough to talk and this helps to make the time go by fast.

I debated whether to keep a blog or not but I'm finding that it's keeping me accountable to my training. I don't think anyone reads it but that's ok! It's more or less a journal and someday I'll probably want to read it....hopefully with fond memories of the outcome (Ironman Florida!).

My friend Lynne, who did the Florida Ironman this year, who inspired me to sign up, is out from running due to knee surgery. We miss you, Lynne!

No comments: