Thursday, November 20, 2008

Squeezing in the run

Had very little time today but told myself that I was going to run or ride come hell or high water (as my mother would say). Sleet was coming down when I finally got the kids off to school and normally I would just ride my trainer but I my energy level was low. I knew that if I tried to exercise inside that I'd end up quitting (I HATE to exercise inside) but that if I ran outside, I'd do fine. So I put on my tights and winter running jacket and pushed myself out the door. Had a great run: 50 mins of just-under-tempo pace. Despite the wintery weather, I love running outside.

Tomorrow, it's back to the pool at 6:00 AM. My kids have to be at school early for student council meeting so I'll have to finish swimming by 7:00 and hurry home. Ahhh, the life of a triathlete (or triathlete wanna-be!).

No comments: