Saturday, November 22, 2008

Group Run


Today there were 6 of us on our weekly group run (from l to r): Brenda, me, Marshall, Jenny, Kevin, and Kurt (who took the picture). We started from WOW and ran 8 miles (but it seemed longer than that!). I did some hill work two days ago so I was a little sore but made it ok. We talked and laughed the whole way.

I've been running for 20-some years now and most of my friends are runners. These are the people I usually run with and I treasure my friendship with each of them. We rarely see each otehr during the week since we all have jobs and families (with the exception of Weds nights from April to October when we run track together) but then usually hook up for a long, slow run on Sat or Sun morning. It's a great way to see your friends and get caught up on their lives.

We only ran 8 miles but I'm pretty tired now. I had my iron levels checked a few months ago and they were very low (serum ferritin: 15) so I wonder if I'm a bit anemic. But we had such a good time that it was well worth it. I do find myself wondering......how in the heck I'm going to run 26.2 miles after biking 112 miles next November when I have trouble running 8 miles after a good night's sleep!

We'll see....

No comments: