Thursday, September 24, 2009

Quickie run

What a weird morning - I overslept until 7:10, which is insane for me, I always wake up at 5:30 or 6:00 AM, and flew out of bed to get kids ready for school. Katerina woke me up twice in the night with her coughing and I couldn't go back to sleep for a long time, hence, sleeping in...

Anyway, I missed my window of opportunity to get an hour run in. Took the kids to school and had to talk to both of their teachers (and another parent for 30 mins) so got home way later than I wanted to. With a pile of work to do on my desk, I had to make a decision: run and get less work done or bag the run and get all of my work done. I chose the former.

And I'm glad I did. The run felt sooooo good. It was truly a mental health run. I think of running sometimes as "defragmenting" the brain. Just like we do with our computers, it clears out all the junk and re-sets everything to where it's supposed to be.

I took Daisy this time and she did pretty good. She ran most of the way but stopped a few times on 23rd Avenue. She just stops and spreads out on the grass. Its pretty funny, actually. But i didn't care, I just wanted to run.

I came back after 30 mins wanting to run more but realized I did need to get some work done. Plus, I'll feel fresh for my long run on Sat. I may try to squeeze in 30 mins on the trainer later today.

Tomorrow I will have to cut my swim short too because the kids are in student council and they have to be there at 7:45 AM! I'm going to try to get my butt in the pool by 6:05 and swim until 6:50 and get home so I can get them to Monfort by 7:45. We'll see how that goes! No coughing tonight, please, Katerina!

OK, back to work...

No comments: