Friday, September 4, 2009

Good start to the weekend

Kurt and I swam in the Windsor Lake today - brrrr! It was much colder than a few weeks ago. We warmed up eventually but it took several strokes before I could put my face in the water.

Wore my long-sleeve wetsuit with the broken zipper. At least, it was broken....Kurt seemed to finagle it to work and it did work fine. But after wearing a sleeveless for two races i could really tell the difference in how they feel. This one is much tighter across the chest! No wonder I couldn't breathe before!

I also wore my fins to reduce the stress on my left shoulder and that helped so much. We didn't swim the entire perimeter but I felt fine the whole way. Got out and felt like diving back in again and swimming some more.

The funny thing is that I came home and saw a story on Triathlon News about a triathlete being attacked by an otter in Boston! OMG, that would be so scary. I can't imagine. The article said that the triathlete was attacked several times by the animal - wow, how unusual!

Need to lift today but may not have time but at least I got my swim in. Run tomorrow, brick on Sunday.

No comments: