Sunday, September 6, 2009

Brick #1

Today I did my first "brick" workout: 2 hr ride and a 1 hr run. I was actually looking forward to it and the fact that I was doing it alone didn't phase me one bit. It went fairly well - the bike seemed almost too easy. I should've gone harder, probably.

Started the bike at 8:15 and it was foggy and cloudy. I didn't think much about it, thinking it would burn off quickly and get hot. Nooooo! I was cold almost the entire way!

Then, out on O Street, I saw some dark figures in the fog coming toward me. At first I thought it was more cyclists, which would make sense since O street is a popular place to ride, but then I could see that it was a group of runners. It was Todd, Jim, Duane, and Dale! They were coming back from a training run with Jim (who's doing Kona in a few weeks). I've never seen anyone run on O street. I chatted with Todd a bit and then forged on.

Rode to Windsor and turned around. I felt like I had hardly gotten my heartrate up so I pushed the pace on the way back. That was nice. I didn't take my arm warmers off until I was almost home!

And the run wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. I ran a full hour and kept a good pace. Felt good, actually.

Now it's 4:00 in the afternoon and I do not feel the need for a nap (which is unusual after a long workout). I guess that means I'm improving - cool!

No comments: