Tuesday, September 22, 2009

But Tuesdays are better

Had a great run today. Ran about 50 mins and felt really good. The weather has changed quite a bit - it feels like fall (well, it IS fall but it was our first real fall day). Started off with gloves and a hat (mid-40's) but soon ditched them. Ran a good 20-min tempo run and then cooled down.

Marshall emailed me the race day instructions which were just posted to the Ironman website today. YIKES! My heart skipped a beat seeing them. It's starting to seem real! Can I really do this??? Even Marshall was feeling a bit nervous this last weekend when he was doing his half-IM in Oklahoma.

Yes, I've been training and yes, I've improved but the Iroman IS one of the hardest endurance events out there and at the ripe old age of 48, I think I have a right to be a bit nervous! I just want that feeling to go away really soon!

Tomorrow I swim and hopefully, bike, if I have time. I have so much work to do that I might have to start getting up at 4:00 to get it done. Seriously. I am really behind right now and my students are waiting on things. Ugh. Better get to work!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When you do feel those nerves - which are normal and understandable, by the way - let's work on changing them to excitement. It's a mental exercise, and it starts now. You WILL have a moment of utter exhaustion, a moment of pain and a moment of doubt during this race, and the only thing that will get you through those will be your belief in yourself. So it starts now!!!