Monday, January 19, 2009

MLK Day

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr, Day! I am happy as a clam today. Why? Several reasons: 1) I had an awesome run this morning (more on that later), 2) my kids are home and since I didn't see them all weekend, I'm having a blast playing with them, and 3) I get to watch the inauguration tomorrow, and 4) I'm loving the fact that I'm not teaching this semester - I have time to do things I haven't done in years!

So, about that run this morning.....I wasn't sure I was going to run and then got "the urge" and ran 5 miles feeling very strong. It made me realize that I had not run that far on a weekday in a very long time. I used to run 5-6 days a week and at least 4 miles a day (usually more).

But in the last 5 years, I've unintentionally reduced the number of runs/week to 3-4 instead of 5-6 AND I run 3-4 miles at at time, instead of 4-7. No wonder I've gotten slower over the years!

It's definitely time to ramp it up. And if I feel like I did today, I'm doing good. Just wish I could feel this good in the pool!

No comments: