Saturday, January 17, 2009

3 Dog Run


Today was Daisy's first time running with both of her buddies, Kylee and Zoey. We met at Jenny's house and ran to the stop sign and back (adding an extra mile toward the end).
All 3 dogs did relatively well, despite the fact that I will now need back surgery (you try holding back a 75 lb golden retriever puppy attached to your waist!)
Seriously, after the initial excitement was over, Daisy fell into a rhythm and did pretty darn good. I felt great and was not tired at the end of the run. I could have easily run further, so I guess that's a good sign.
Marshall's training is going well. He says that he has lost almost 20 lbs and that in itself can make you run faster. It will be fun to do this monster-race with Marshall. It's kind of ironic that we ended up on this path together because we have a few things in common: we're the same age, our fathers died the same year, and we both married high-strung, perfectionistic people who are, shall we say, romantically-challenged. (Sorry, Lynne, but it's true!)
I just hope I can keep up with him on our training rides this summer. He's a much faster cyclist and runner than I am. He said his goal is to beat his wife's bike time in the IM so I'm sure I won't have a chance keeping up with him. Oh well....I just need to do my best and not worry about it (yeah, right!).

No comments: