Sunday, January 11, 2009

Daisy's Long Run Debut

Ran 6 miles today with my friend, Lynne, and her dog, Kylee. Lynne's recovering from post-Ironman knee surgery and 6 is all she can do right now (which is pretty darn good). Daisy's never run that far but she did great. We let both dogs off-leash a few times and Daisy followed Kylee's lead, coming back to us whenever we called.

I had planned to run further but we had a big event to get to yesterday so kept it at 6 miles. The good thing is I can run again today, before we head to Broomfield for our annual Grandfather Frost event (Russian/Ukrainian celebration of Christmas).

Didn't get my swim in on Friday because of plumbing problems AGAIN. Had to stay home to be here for plumber.....grrrr.

I need to find my triathlon training book to get a training schedule going. I'd like to join a spin class but I don't want to join a fitness club. Hmmm.......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the FunPlex has spinning classes, and I also think you don't have to be a member to sign up. I might be wrong but I think so.

Cindy Dallow, PhD, RD said...

Thanks, Dan! Lynne told me the same thing so I'm going to check into it. I'd rather join the FunPlex than WOW because FP has the pool too. Cindy