Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blissful weekend

Silence....that's all I heard this weekend and I couldn't soak it up enough. Kurt took the kids skiing and I had the whole house to myself. But I've learned that a lot of unstructured time does not motivate one to do anything....hence, I didn't run or ride until 4:30 today...just too lazy.

I didn't feel like running so I rode my trainer for 30 mins while watching the pre-inauguration activities on CNN. I had sat on my butt almost the entire afternoon on Saturday doing something that I never get a chance to do: watch HGTV for hours. So this time I actually got in some exercise.

I watched more home makeovers this weekend than I've seen in my entire lifetime. And I just sat there and sat there and sat there...."like a bump on a log" my mother would say. I enjoyed it way more than I should have.

When I rode my trainer today, I put it on a harder gear and worked up a sweat. I threw in a couple of "surges": using the hardest gear for one minute, requiring me to stand. Good practice for the hills I will encounter in Lake to Lake.

Planning to swim tomorrow AM.

No comments: