Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ketchup

Whew, this week has flown by and nary a word I have blogged!

I thought I was off to a great start with the wonderful run I had on Monday but it kinda went downhill from there, in terms of training. Let's see....on Inauguration Day I was glued to the TV and sat on my butt almost the entire day. I did, however, swim at 5:30 while my kids were at swim practice.

So, Tuesday = 30 mins of swimming.

On Wednesday, I ran with Daisy for about 4 miles. Still felt sore from Monday (can you believe it?) and had to push myself out the door. But once I got out there, I had a great run. Daisy did really well too. It was so warm outside that I wore shorts and a short-sleeved shirt! And it's January!

Today is Thursday and I didn't feel like running or biking this morning (uh oh, this isnt' good). Then I found out my daughter's strep test was positive so I needed to go get her out of school. That nixed any hopes for running but I could ride my trainer while she watched TV. But I had so much email to catch up on and things to do for FRUA (Families for Russian and Ukrainian Adoption, of which I am Chair of), that I never got it done. Big bummer!

But I did swim today during the kids' swim practice. They are on a swim team that practices every Tues/Thurs from 5:30 - 6:15 PM at the Rec Center. I vowed to myself that I would swim while they practiced and so far, I have done it. But the sad thing is, I am tired after 30 mins of swimming. Ugh.

Today I swam 45 mins but I took longer breaks at the end of laps and threw in quite a few laps of just kicking, which I don't consider swimming. I'm not sure how long this will last because my kids are not liking the swim team. It really is too high of a level for them and the water is very cold. They're used to a more kid-friendly swimming experience and this coach is all-business. So, we'll see.

So, I had a great run early in the week but I need to be more consistent with longer runs; I need more spinning/biking, and I definitely need more strength training to be a better swimmer. I'll get right on that!

No comments: