Thursday, March 12, 2009

Oh yeah, I need to swim...

Swam today for the first time in over a week. Not good! I should be swimming 2-3 times/week. Yikes! Marshall is swimming 3 times a week and lifting weights and biking....yikes, yikes, yikes.

But I did have a good swim. Kurt and I went to the pool around 10:15. He had the day off and had a dental appt at 8:00 so by the time he got home, it was 10:00. The only problem with swimming that late is that I got really hungry toward the end of the swim.

There was good and bad to the swim. The good is that I can now breath on both sides, which is a huge change for me. Four months ago I couldn't do that but now I can. That should help prevent a shoulder injury.

The bad part is that I got incredibly bored. I just don't get any kind of joy out of swimming. I feel good for the first 15 mins and then I'm ready to leave. Maybe its because I'm usually the only one there when I go swim and it's a little lonely. They don't even play any music anymore. Poor me!

And I'm starting to have a wee bit of knee pain (I don't even want to write those words!) so I need to be careful. But I think I'll ride tomorrow and run on Saturday. And then maybe swim on Sunday...

No comments: