Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ketchup

Got back from Utah last night and catching up with things. Came home to find both our home computers not working....each with different problems. Our computer - the one Kurt and I use - started up fine but I could not open my profile. It's corrupted, according to an error message. Couldn't access Outlook or anything on my side of the computer.

Called up our favorite "computer guy", Michael Jenichen, owner of Computer Guy Technologies, LLC, who is THE most knowledgeable computer guy in the world (and one of the nicest). He's working on things now.

In the meantime, I can use my old trusty laptop.

So, Kurt finished the Xterra Winter Quadrathlon on Sunday but it wasn't pretty. He collapsed at the finish line and was slightly incoherent for awhile. He is the most undramatic person I know so to him lying on the ground like that was a little scary. He eventually got up but could hardly walk.

The race was brutal, he said. 6.2 miles of mountain biking on snow-packed trails (akin to riding your bike on a sandy beach, he said, causing him to get off and run his bike for half of it), 3 miles of snow-shoeing up and down steep hills, 3 miles of running up and down steep hills, and then skate-skiing to the finish line (can't remember how far that part was) but this was the worst part, he said, because you had to ski UP a black ski slope THREE times! He said it was so steep that most people were sliding back down the hill.

It took him over 4 hrs to comlete and he said he went all out the whole way. Wow! He's one tired machismo.

I ran 4 miles on Sunday, which is pretty good for me considering I ran 9 on Saturday. I usually don't run on Sunday if I do a long run on Sat but since we were going to be driving back to CO on Monday (leaving early in the AM), I decided to run on Sun AM. Felt pretty good. Should do that more often.

The drive home took 7 hrs and by the time we got here, I was in dire need of excercise. I had a meeting at the church at 7:00 so decided to hop on my trainer. Rode semi-hard for 30 mins and then lifted.

Today I did the Spinervals 10.0 tape and felt great. I only did part of it but it's such a hard workout that part of it is OK with me.

Feeling a bit portly lately so anxious to rev up the training. Still planning to start Gale Bernhardt's plan in April.

TTFN

No comments: