Thursday, February 5, 2009

Yesterday I gave a talk at Aims Community College called "Active at Any Size". It was a talk for their Biggest Winner program (weight loss program). Toward the end of the presentation, I gave some advice on how to integrate physical activity into a busy schedule....like walking around soccer fields when your kids are practicing, parking a few blocks from your destination and walking, etc. Little did I know that I would actually practice what I preached that very day.

I had planned a late afternoon run but got tied up in another meeting after this presentation, making it impossible to finish my run before picking up my kids at 3:30. Sooooo....no problem, I decided to run to the school from my meeting, get the kids, walk them back to my mother's house, and then finish my run. Wa- la! It worked perfectly!

It doesn't always work out so well. But today it was great because my talk and my meeting were all within a few blocks of where my kids go to school. The weather was freakishly warm so the kids wouldn't mind walking to grandma's house. It was the 3rd day this winter that I've run in shorts and short-sleeved shirt and boy does it feel good (but I worry about the grass and trees!).

Today it's supposed to be up to 70 degrees! My friend, Lynne, asked me to ride with her at 2:00 and I'm going to go - woo hoo! We'll only have an hour but it will just be nice to ride outside. I hope Marshall can go too!

I'm stoked because I changed my own flat tire last night....my dear husband coached me through it but I found that I knew more about it than I thought. I want to get to the point where I can change my own tire at the drop of a hat....need to know that for the Ironman!!!

No comments: