Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another glorious day...

It's February and I've worn shorts for the last three workouts! Today I actually rode my bike, with my friend Lynne, as mentioned below. It was in the upper 60's, if not 70 degrees today. It's so nice yet so weird....I hope our grass doesn't dry up and blow away.

But we had a nice ride anyway. We rode for 75 mins and I could've easily gone longer. I can't wait until spring when I can ride more often. I'm sure this warm weather won't last long.

Speaking of riding in the spring. Since I was able to change my flat tire handily the other night, I've decided that I need to keep working on that because I really want to ride at least 3 days a week starting in late spring and I doubt if I will always be able to get someone to go with me. I want to be able to go when I want to go. And I think I will actually enjoy riding by myself so I'm looking forward to it.

Today, after the ride I picked up the kids from school and as usual, we stayed for awhile and played on the playground. We do this all the time and I'm always amazed at how fast the school clears out...how almost all of the parents pick up their kids and go home or wherever they need to go. Why not hit the playground for awhile??? Esp when the weather is no nice! I really enjoy it.

Tomorrow the kids are home but I'm hoping to go swim for anyway - just for 45 mins (since we have Sasha here). I hate to be away from the kids for too long but I'm thinking that one hour isn't bad. I still feel guilty, though, when I leave and they're here....I know they want to play with me so I try to make an extra effort to do stuff with them when I come back.

Lynne took a picture of me with my bike in the snow....will upload later.

No comments: