Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Flip Flop

That's what it seems my mind and body are doing lately. Yesterday, I woke up at 5:00 AM feeling fresh and ready to go. I felt like I didn't even need coffee, I had so much energy. Got out the door for a run with Daisy at 6:20 and felt amazingly light and fast.

We ran around UNC (which is nice when no one is around) and came back across the practice fields. The sun was just coming up over the horizon and I had some great music on my Ipod. I let Daisy off her leash and zoom, off she went. Life couldn't be better!

But it didn't end there....I felt so good I decided to do some hillwork. Ran up the "sledding hill" 10 times (really, 10 times!) and was hardly out of breath. Had to get back to get kids to school so headed home and as I was crossing my lawn, I looked at my watch and thought "I bet I could get one more FAST mile in"....so left Daisy in breezeway and took off for one more loop around the block. I was scratching my head all day at to where in the heck that energy came from!

OK, so today was the exact opposite and as I think about it, I guess that makes sense. I had planned to swim but Evan is home sick today. No problem, I can ride my trainer. But I had zero motivation.....zero energy....literally forced myself onto the bike and quit after 20 mins. No go today.

I guess that's the way it goes with training - one day is good and the next is crappy. I just hope to have more of the former than the latter. With a birthday approaching, I can't help but think that I'm getting too old for this!

No comments: