Monday, March 29, 2010

Swimming is Good

OK, so I'm not going to run for 5 - 7 days. But I can obviously swim and bike and thank GOD the weather looks fabulous this week!  I just have to plan ahead since biking takes so much more time.

Today's swim felt really good but I got there later than I should have. I was in the water at 6:25 and I'd like to be there by 6:20. I will have to get up earlier or spend less time drinking coffee (I drink 1.5 cups before going to the pool - its my meditation time and you can't take it away from me).

Next week is spring break for my kids so I can stay longer since I won't have to get them to school. Hopefully, I can run short distances next week.

At the pool today, we did 12 100's and since I swam 200 before we started, I got in 1400 yards. Not great but better than nothing. Richard said I'm getting better. I've been working on "pushing through" to the end of my stroke (still). He says that I pull my arm out too soon. I might go down there tomorrow and work on this since I can't be there Weds morning (spending the night at our church to help a program for homeless families).

Hoping to have good news later this week!

No comments: