Saturday, February 6, 2010

Nothin' Like a Good Long Run With Friends

Most people like to sleep in on Saturday mornings. Many like to relax and read the paper. Not me and well, not most runners. We like to do what we do best: run, talk, and laugh.

Today was no exception. And today was one of the best group runs I've ever had. It was good for a lot of different reasons but mainly because I really like the people I run with.

And it was funny because Dan and Brenda, who are both training for spring marathons, wanted to start their run at 7:00. Kurt and I didn't want to run quite that early because we thought we were going to be out late Friday night, so we got a small group to go at 8:00. Well, we actually ran into them during our run so we combined both groups and ran together. Too funny!

And, we didn't end up being out late anyway so we could've gone at 7:00...long complicated story but the bottom line is we all ended up running together anyway.

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera today so I posted a picture from a recent group run that I really like. Everyone in the picture was there today, PLUS some, including: Lynne, Marshall, Kurt, me, Kevin, Brenda, Dan, Sarah, Alaina, and Rob. Fun group!

And I liked this run for another reason: I felt great. Our group ended up running 1 hr and 40 mins and I felt really good the whole time. I'm guessing it was 10 or 11 miles. We made one semi-long pit-stop at Sarah's house for 3 of us to use the bathroom, but other than that ran most of the way.

Tomorrow there is the 30th annual Super Bowl Sunday 5k which originally was going to benefit Haiti but since there was a tragic accident here in Greeley this week that killed a 15 yr old girl, the money will go to help her parents pay for her funeral. So sad!

We won't be running the race (kids singing in choir at church) but will contribute toward the cause. I'm a firm believer in "what goes around comes around" and you never know when you might need some community support. Plus, I just want to help this family.

Now that I got my running fix, I can get on with the day...

No comments: