Wednesday, February 17, 2010

National Lindsey Vonn Day

Ok, so there's no such thing (yet) but after hearing that she won the gold today, I think there should be. First American female to win an Olympic gold medal in women's downhill skiing. Plus, she's won the World Championships at least once. Enough reason for a holiday for me!

So, today I did Master's swim and again, I couldn't hang with the rest of the group. Richard tried to make me feel better (and he actually did) by commenting on how far I've come since I started Master's a year ago.

And he's right....I was whining about being way slower than the rest of the group and he said "yeah, but you used to be only way, way slower". So I guess I'm only way slower...not way, way slower...that's different!

Managed to eek out 6 150's but no time for more. Went home, got kids breakfast and took them to school, and went for a quick run. A short, not-so-great run but that's ok, it was better than nothing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the holiday. Sounds good to me. She deserves it! And so do we.

OK, enough about the swimming. I don't know a ton about Masters, but aren't these the best swimmers in Greeley? I think if I obsessed about trying to keep up with Wendy and Rick in 5Ks, I'd feel pretty unhappy about my running. But I shouldn't. I'm not bad at all! I kind of feel that way about your swimming. You turned in a GREAT time at your Ironman. Instead of compare yourself to others, compare yourself to yourself. That's what I do, and I do pretty well.

Having said that, I know it's hard to do what you're doing and get beaten all the time. So good for you for keeping it up. Just don't worry about it too much.

Unknown said...

Cindy no more wining about swimming - just stretch out and go! IM Todd.

See you in the morning for the long run...

Cindy Dallow, PhD, RD said...

Wow, guys, thanks! I honestly didn't think anyone would read it so I just spilled my guts.

But first, let me say one thing..I don't compare myself to Jim, Todd, or Al; they're way too fast. That's like comparing myself to Doug Bell. BUT, I've noticed that I can't even keep up with Sarah and Jade, who I thought I was closer to, with fins on! Its so discouraging! I admit I'm in a funk about my swimming...VERY happy with my IM swim time but just wish I could hang with the pack at Masters. But Dan, I will try harder to just focus on myself - I really will, I promise! Thanks for listening, guys!