Sunday, November 29, 2009

Not-so-long run

Today I had wanted to get a long run in but wasn't sure I'd be able to go since my hamstring was sore yesterday (from sprinting like a fool at the Turkey Trot!). It felt pretty good so I decided to give it a try. Took it slow and easy and it felt pretty good.

But I took Daisy with me and for some reason, she didn't have it today. She stopped several times to sprawl out on the patches of snow. I feel too guilty yanking her up so I just let her lay there. But today I had to get back to get UNC work done so I didn't let her lay there long.

Finally, after the 3rd or 4th stop, I decided to take her back and continue on by myself. I did that, but I never get as good of a run that way. I felt good but I don't get the usual zen from two short loops from my house that I get from one long one. The things we do for our dogs!

Weather-wise, it was PERFECT!  I love sunny, cool weather and that's what it was today. When I brought Daisy back, I ditched the tights and long sleeve shirts and put on shorts and short-sleeved shirt (with long bra underneath) and liner gloves. The cool air felt really good (our thermometer said it was in the upper 30's when i left but I know it was in the 40's).

Either way, it wasn't a bad run, just not a long one like I had planned. No biggee - I'm still in the de-training phase!

No comments: