Monday, November 2, 2009

Couldn't resist!

Ok...confession time: I ended up running today after all. Couldn't stand not doing anything and after i picked up the kids, I just felt like it. So, I went very slow for 30 mins (whoop dee do!). It was fun because I took Daisy and Katerina rode her bike along with me and we talked along the way. She told me that when she goes to college she wants to learn all about science. How cool is that?!

It was almost 5:00 when we left so we ran through UNC campus and through the tunnel that goes under 11th Avenue (which Katerina thinks is cool). We circled back onto Reservoir Road and back home. It was really fun AND my hip didn't hurt at all. It hurts when I get up out of a chair or move a certain way but there was no pain on the run (jog was more like it).

Went through every emotion today! Scared, confident, calm, stressed, excited, happy, you name it! But I'm starting to get more excited than anything.

And a BIG thanks to my dear friend, Dan England, who sent me a really nice message on Facebook today. It helped me more than he will ever know.

Off to bed - too tired to think anymore!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear about your hip. Now REST dammit! Rest is a part of training. I know it's hard - believe me, I'm going through the same thing right now before my race - but rest rest rest! Now! Rest!

Or else I will break your leg. :)

P.S. You're welcome.

Cindy Dallow, PhD, RD said...

Ok, thank you...you're right...but it was a slow, easy run. Had fun with Kat..