Saturday, November 28, 2009

First ride on my new bike!


Rode my new baby Felt B16 for the first time yesterday!  I was a bit nervous since I had paid a chunk of change for this bike but had never ridden it!  I had only ridden it on the fit stand in the shop, where I got fitted (Adrenaline Sports in Niwot, CO - great store - would highly recommend it).

The positioning on this bike is so different from my other bike!  I am much more "cramped up" and not as spread out as I was on my roadie. But I am in a very aero-dynamic position which should give me a lot more power.

I met Sarah, Kevin, Brenda, Todd, and Marshall at WOW on Friday and we headed west from there. Sarah had just gotten her bike on the same day I got mine so she was in that same situation. Kevin also got a new bike a few months ago but he has ridden his bike a few times already.

It took me at least 10 miles to get comfortable on this bike. It felt so strange!  I felt like I was going to slide over the top of the handlbars. However, I could instantly tell how much faster this bike was than my roadie. It's like going from a VW bug to a BMW or Mercedes. Still, it will take some time to get used to riding it long distances.

After I got used to the fit, I settled in and focused on riding. The weather was perfect - almost 60 degrees - and it was great riding with my new Ironman buddies. What a great way to spend Black Friday!

No comments: