Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Weird Thing Happened Today

I went for a run this AM and planned to get a swim in too since I didn't make it to Master's swim last night (too darn cold and yes, I'm a wimp). And while I was running, I found myself looking foward to the swim....can it really be true??? Me, the person who wears fins to keep up with everyone else, actually looked forward to swimming???

And can it be true, that I actually enjoyed my swim today....by myself, at the Rec Center, where one year ago I turned around in the parking lot and went home when I chickened out on swimming one day?

It's true. I actually WANTED to swim today. And I actually ENJOYED my swim today. AND - get this - I actually swam LONGER than I normally do because it felt so good.

I'm still scratchin' my head on how this happened....

No comments: