Sunday, June 7, 2009


Did the Greeley Triathlon today and had a great time. The weather was a bit challenging - cold winds before starting the swim - but it warmed up on the bike and run.
This year I predicted my swim time at 11 minutes and learned a hard lesson: to test my swim time first! I have actually improved and was able to pass quite a few people but it took awhile to get around them.
The bike went well. I pushed hard the entire way. Kurt took off my aero bars a week or so and I really missed them! But still rode fairly well, I think.
The run was harder than last year. I felt ok but not great. I know I can do better in the run. Need some speed work of some sort. But all in all, it was not a bad race. I was able to shave off about 3 mins from my time last year and I'm very happy about that!
The best part was seeing so many people that I know and care about...the Parks, Jenny, Brenda, Kevin, and many, many more. What a great way to spend a Sunday morning!

No comments: