Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Getting in the groove...

I am finally starting to feel like I'm training for an IM. Doing double workouts on some days now and it's actually feeling good. Ran yesterday morning (only 30 mins but still...) and then swam in the lake last night. It was cold and stormy-looking and I had NO desire to swim but did it anyway....a big change for me!

The water was freezing when I got in. Too cold to put my face in the water so just doggy-paddled at first. Finally warmed up and got going. Swam around the island and back. Kurt and a friend of ours from UNC went too. It seemed totally crazy to be swimming in a lake with it being so cold and cloudy but we did it anyway!

Today I really want to ride but its looking stormy AGAIN. The kids are home and we need to go to swimming lessons and then dental appointments....may ride with the Twin Rivers group later today. Going to lift weights right now....

No comments: