Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rollar Coaster

My emotions seem to have been on one lately!

I think it's only natural when you train for an Ironman. There's just so much that goes into it; so much planning, training, thinking, wishing.....throw in a few injuries that scare the heck out of you and wa la! You're on cloud nine one day and cryin' in your beer the next.

Today was a cloud nine day. I ran 5 miles for the 2nd time this week and had relatively no pain in my hip or heel. There was the usual twinge in my hip but today it was not bad at all. The heel didn't hurt one iota. I'm not sure I say this yet but maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to run most of the marathon after all!

Yesterday I had to miss Master's swim because the kids and I went up to RMNP. But I got my butt out of bed in time to do a very hard 45 min Spinerval workout. Felt good about that. Wendy said I should only swim twice a week anyway (but that makes me a little nervous so I've been swimming 3x/week anyway).

Planning to swim at the lake tomorrow with the group at 4:30. Looking forward to a great weekend!

2 comments:

TrevorD said...

Amen to those wacky emotions. Tough week on this end too - potential injury flanked with a slight downturn in training due to family priorities. Stay strong and have a great weekend!

Cindy Dallow, PhD, RD said...

Hey thanks, Trevor! Family issues are hard to balance with Ironman training. Are you training for an IM?