Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back in the Game

Today I ran 13 miles, which is only the 2nd time I've run that far since the Ironman. It felt great to be running that far again and the best news is that my heel didn't hurt AT ALL!

I've been doing long runs on weekends for 24 years now (wow, even I can't believe that!). I ran my first marathon in 1987 and I've been doing long runs on the weekends ever since.

I've run through every type of weather - extreme heat and extreme cold. I've run in happy times and sad times, down country roads and along busy highways. And over the years, I managed to finish 12 marathons.

So today was like a trip down memory lane - running long with my friends. The only difference was - I was much slower!  I've really lost a lot of my speed over the years but my friends haven't. But it was ok - I was just glad to be running long again.

I have more to say ....to be continued!

No comments: