Friday, June 4, 2010

What a Difference a Week Makes!


Lots to catch up on! 
First, things are much better now - my last post was a bit downer but that's the way it goes sometimes. I've never been one to say things are fine when they aren't! 

Hip is much better and I've had some awesome workouts. Too many to write about now, although I will mention the early morning bike ride I did on Weds with 2 guys I never met before. We rode out to Windsor and back and it was just fantastic! 

Did the Bolder Boulder with my kids (more on that later - have a LOT to say). Here we are before the race, above. Kids did a great job - very proud of them!

Let's see...what else...oh, a couple of lake swims!  Kurt and I swam this morning. Got to the lake by 6:15 AM (woo hoo!). The water is so nice then. Cold at first but not bad once you get going.

Our friend, Dan, took the plunge for the first time this morning (he's a marathoner who will do his first triathlon this Sunday!). It was fun to watch him get in. He did great and swam 500 yards right off the bat (go, Dan!).

I had one of those mornings where you literally feel on top of the world. I got to swim next to my husband, which is extremely rare, and then since he was kind enough to get Evan to track practice, I was able to go for a short run. I felt sooooo good on that run!  It was only for 3 miles but it just felt good and i had NO hip pain (but it does hurt now, though). 

As I was running, I was thinking about how much I love early morning swims, rides, and runs, and how lucky I am to live in Colorado with such great friends. I love our lifestyle and wouldn't trade it for the world!

What a difference a week makes, indeed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No pain is HUGE, even if it hurts now. Keep it up! I'm kinda curious to see my photo, tho you got us in the water. The water hides a lot! :)

Cindy Dallow, PhD, RD said...

You're right - it IS huge! I am very glad about that. Really. But not trusting that its gone, to be honest. I keep waiting for it to pounce on me but so far, so good!