Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Up and down

Yesterday I had an interesting run. I ran with Kurt and when I started off, my legs were dead tired (the previous 3 days had caught up to me). I had no energy and could hardly move my legs. I told Kurt I'd just run to Sanborn Park with him and then go back (in fact, I almost turned around long before that point).

By the time we got there, I was feeling ok. Not great, but ok. I was running very slowly but I wanted to keep going. So we ran out around Lowe's and back, which is about 5 miles.

When we got back, my legs felt like I just run a marathon. They were so tired. I think the 60 mile ride on Sat, then 70 min run on Sunday, the 12 mile bike ride on Monday were taking it's toll. No surprise there.

But i was so glad I did the run! I thought that this might what it feels like to run the marathon in the IM. I'm probably wrong - it will probably feel way worse!

Today I swam at noon and I might go to track tonight, mainly to see everyone. But I have so much to do at home I'm not sure I'll make it there. We'll see. Today my legs feel fine - go figure!

No comments: